Debrief™ is software for notes relating to experience, ideas, activities, contacts, and more.
Where do you keep your notes today?
Spiral binders, legal pads, composition books, scraps of paper?
How fast can you find an idea you jotted down last week, last month, or last year?
Imagine keeping your notes in one place, and not misplacing them again.
Notes are the core purpose of Debrief notes software. Make a note one
time, and view it in many different contexts - by date, like a journal, log, or diary.
Or by subject folder, like files in a drawer.
And they can be viewed within additional contexts of the features mentioned below.
Notes are searchable too.
Debrief note software is useful for managing notes as they relate to:
- Journals, Logs, Diaries
- Day Planning
- Career Management
- Professional Development
- Project Management
- Program Management
- Issue Management
- Change Management
- Risk Management
- Decision Management
- Status Reports
- Meeting Notes
- Meeting Facilitation
- Action Items, Tasks, To-Dos
- Assignments, Discussions
- Contact Management
- Time Tracking
- Employee Management and Recognition
- Suggestions and Observations
- Investing, Stocks
- Market Research
- Writing, Whitepapers
- Scripts, Stories
- Outlining and Lists
- Mind mapping
- Presentation Planning
- Boilerplate Material
- Medical Records
- Exercise Logs
- Insurance Claims
- Rebate tracking
- End Notes
- Gift lists
- Household Maintenance
- Reading Lists
- Genealogy, History, Family
Other Debrief features include:
- Note Cards: Notes can be displayed in a similar fashion to index
cards, arranging notes in different orders to produce drafts for
whitepapers, articles, or books.
- Publication References: A reading list may be maintained, which builds a library
for which research notes may be taken, and end notes managed.
- Tasks: To-dos, Assignments, and Discussions can be managed
in Debrief. While the task features are robust, notes may also be
taken for each task and later viewed within different contexts.
- Cases: A "systems management" approach is available for managing
work such as: issues, changes, risks, decisions, and milestones.
Notes and tasks can be associated with each case.
- Contacts: Contact information can be collected for very quick
access to phone numbers and such, and notes can be associated
with these contacts
- Status Reporting: Display a view of notes, tasks, and cases, for
input into status reports.
- Outlines: Create outlines from brainstorming, or for organization.
- Reports: Materials can be exported in various formats, such as
word processing and spreadsheets, based on context.
Debrief is available in three editions:
Basic Edition - Basic notes, subject folders, daily notepad.
- Standard Edition - More robust note features, debriefs, views, reports, export formats, note flags.
- Professional Edition - Additional contexts for tasks, cases, contact management, library, index, outlines, note decks. Plus reminders, privacy passwords, accounts, deadlines. And more.
The Basic Edition is free of charge, sometimes referred to as freeware.
Additional features are in the Standard and Professional Editions.
More information about Debrief software is available at the Debrief site: